397.32 billion yuan (2003)
GDP growth rate: 9.2 percent
GDP ratio (1st, 2nd and tertiary industries):
The ratio of the three industries in GDP is about 18.9:44.8:36.3. The added values of the three industries are 74.91 billion yuan, a drop of 3 percent; 178.06 billion yuan, an increase of 14 percent; and 144.35 billion yuan, an increase of 10.2 percent, respectively.
Per capita GDP:
6,457 yuan, up by 640 yuan from the previous year.
The revenues in 2003 were 41.23 billion yuan, 18.9 percent more than that of the previous year.
Industrial output value:
The added industrial value of 2003 was 144.56 billion yuan, an increase of 12.2 percent compared to the previous year.
The total volume of export and import in 2003 was US$5.94 billion, 42.1 percent higher than that of the previous year, of which the total volume of export was US$3.06 billion, an increase of 24.9 percent; and that of import was US$2.88 billion, an increase of 66.6 percent.
In 2003, great efforts were made across the province to improve environment for investment and open up more channels to introduce foreign investment. The actual utilization of foreign capital in the year was US$1.095 billion, 47.8 percent up from the previous year, and the direct foreign investment was US$391 million, an increase of 4.1 percent. The newly approved foreign-funded enterprises were 431, an increase of 93.
is one of China?ˉs major agricultural production bases. Among the grain crops are rice, wheat, bean, corn, sorghum, sweet potato come second. The main economic crops are cotton, rapeseeds, flue-cured tobacco, tea, silkworm cocoon, jute and bluish dogbane. Anhui
?ˉs agricultural economy ranks the ninth in China.
A light industry production system focusing on household electronic appliances, electronics, texture, wine and tobacco, daily chemical products has been formed. The varieties of light industrial products have increased from 20,000 to 50,000. A group of core and well-known enterprises, including Meiling Group, Rongshida Group, Fengyuan Biochemical Group, Fangcao Daily Chemical Products Groups, Gujing Group, Shengquan Group, Hongxing Xuan Paper Group, Fengexin Pharmaceutical Co. have emerged. Among them, Meiling refrigerators, Rongshida washing machines, Gujinggong wine, Shengquan beer and Fengyuan citraconic acid lead the country in terms of output and sales volume.
has abundant tourism resources, featuring many well-known natural scenic spots well-preserved cultural relics. Currently, there are five state-level scenic areas, including Mount Huangshan, Mount Jiuhua, Mount Tianzhu, Mount Langya and Mount Qiyun, three national nature reserves, 23 national forest parks and three state-level historical and cultural cities in Haozhou, Shouxian and Yixian counties. Spots of historical interest under state protection include: Ruins of Zhongdu and the Ming Emperor Tomb in Fengyang, the Site of Hexian Man, the Xuguo Arch Gate in Yixian, and the Huaxi Theatre in Bozhou. In 1999, Mount Huangshan won the International Award for Protection and Management of Cultural Scenic Spots and Mount Jiuhua was named a national model scenic spot by the Ministry of Construction. Previously, in 1998, Hefei, Huangshan, Bozhou were in the first group of Chinese cities to be awarded as excellent tourism cities.
Energy and raw materials industries
The exploitation and utilization of mineral resources in Anhui
play a significant role in the national economy. Mining of such minerals as coal, iron, copper, limestone and sulfide is of large-scale and energy, construction materials, metallurgy, non-ferrous metal and chemical products are the province?ˉs five major basic industries. Anhui
is a national base of material industry and the energy supply base of east China. The coal fields in Huainan and Huaibei, with an annual output of 46.777 million tons, are the largest coal producers in southern China. The power generating capacity of the province is 31.93 billion kilowatts.
The Temporary Provisions on Encouraging Foreign Investment in Anhui
Article 1 In order to implement the "Export Impetus" strategy, to utilize foreign investment actively, rationally and effectively, and to guide foreign investment in line with the province?ˉs economic and social improvement, Anhui
provincial government promulgated the Provisions based on the state laws, regulations and industrial policies related to foreign investment. The Provisions shall help promote the sustained, fast and health development of the provincial economic and social progress, and better protect the lawful rights and interests of the investors.
Article 2 According to the ?°Temporary Provisions on Guiding the Foreign Investment?± issued jointly by the State Planning Commission, the State Economic & Trade Commission and the Ministry of Foreign Trade & Economic Cooperation, the projects funded by the foreign investors by way of joint-venture, cooperative, sole proprietorship or other forms are classified into four categories: the encouraged, the permitted, the restricted and the prohibited.
Article 3 The Provisions are mainly applicable to the encouraged projects. The restricted and prohibited projects abide by the ?°State Temporary Provisions on Guiding Foreign Investment?±; those don't belong to the categories of the encouraged, restricted and prohibited are projects of the permitted category.
Article 4 Any foreign-invested project under one of the following conditions and not against the state regulations related to the restricted and prohibited projects can be listed as a project of the encouraged category.
(1) Projects of new applicable technology for agriculture, development of eco-agriculture, agricultural comprehensive development, farm products for export and agricultural development in poverty-stricken areas;
(2) infrastructure Projects such as energy, transportation, water conservancy and industry of important raw materials;
(3) Projects of new and high technology, advanced technology which can improve performance of products, save energy and raw materials, and increase techno-economic efficiency of enterprises or produce new equipment or new materials that meet the demands of the market for which the national and provincial production capacity is deficient;
(4) Projects that meet the demands of international markets and can expand export;
(5) Projects for comprehensive utilization and recycling of the resources and that using new equipment and new technology to prevent environmental pollution;
(6) Projects bringing the local advantages of labor and resources into full play and conforming to the industrial policies as well as the provincial development strategy;
(7) Projects participating in the technical reform of the existing enterprises;
(8) Other projects encouraged by the state laws and administrative regulations.
Article 5 Apart from the preferential terms stipulated in the relevant state laws and administrative regulations, encouraged foreign-invested projects may enlarge their scope of business operation with approval, if they are engaged in the construction and operation of infrastructure facilities related to energy or transportation (coal, power, local railway, highway, port) which need a large amount of investment and a long payoff period.
Article 6 Based on the Provisions and economic development situations of the province, Anhui
Provincial Planning Commission along with the departments concerned shall work out and revise timely ?°The Index of Encouraged Foreign-Invested Projects in Anhui
Province.?± The document will be publicized after it is approved by the provincial government. It will be an important guidance for encouraging and guiding the foreign businessmen to invest in Anhui
province, and also a basis for the governments at all levels to examine and approve foreign investment projects.
Article 7 The foreign-invested projects of the encouraged and permitted categories shall be examined and approved, and registered according to the existing stipulated procedures.
Article 8 The projects invested by overseas Chinese, and people from Hong Kong
shall be handled accordingly in line with the Provisions.
Article 9 The Anhui
Provincial Planning Commission, together with the Anhui
Provincial Economic & Trade Commission and Anhui
Foreign Economic & Trade Commission, shall organize the implementation of the Provisions. The Anhui
Provincial Leading Group Office for Utilizing Foreign Capital shall be responsible for the coordination and inspection work.
Article 10 The Provisions come into force upon the day of promulgation.
Catalog of industries encouraging foreign investment (Revised in August 1998)
? Agriculture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Fishery and Relevant Industries
1. Reclaiming and development of wasteland, waste mountain and inter-tidal zone (except those with military facilities), as well as improvement of low- and medium-yielding fields, low yielding forests and farms of tea, fruit, mulberry and aquatic products.
2. Significant agriculture technologies, including dry-farming and sparse-planting of rice, technology of rice seedlings scattering, precise and semi-precise sowing technologies, balanced fertilizing technology, comprehensive prevention of crop diseases and insect pests, prevention of epidemic diseases of livestock and fowls, protection and cultivation technologies of plastic films, technologies for fast and efficient livestock- or fowl-farming, ammonification of straw stalks and silages, water-saving irrigation and dry-farming technologies as well as introduction of facilities and construction of scientific demonstration regions.
3. Development of new varieties of fine quality, high-yielding crops such as grains, cottons, edible oils, tobaccos, silkworm cocoons, teas, fruits, vegetables, flowers, medicinal herbs, herbages; the introduction of accessory technologies on improved strains of seeds and their production and processing.
4. Introduction, breeding and development of good strains of domestic animals, fowls (not including unique, precious good strains in China).
5. Breeding of famous, special and fine aquatic products. Development of large-scale water farming, large stretches of fish breeding ponds, net-pen fish culture, fence and fishnet breeding.
6. Large-scale agricultural management, deep processing and complex utilization of agricultural products, and projects help promote the integration of trade, industry and agriculture.
7. Introduction of fine strains of forest trees, technology of forest planting, and construction of high-yielding commercial forests bases.
8. Comprehensive development of forests and forest products (including systematic development of bamboo resources, wild animals and plants, seedling farms and forest chemical products).
9. New varieties of effective and safe agricultural chemicals and pesticides, weed-killers and regulatory agents for plants growth.
10. High-density fertilizers, compound fertilizers and various fertilizers for special purposes.
11. New technologies for the production of agricultural films and new products (fiber films, photolysis films, multi-functional films and raw materials).
12. Advanced animal antibiotics (animal antibiotics, anti-parasite antibiotics, new varieties of animal antibiotics), introduction of new technologies and production new products of animal anthelmintic.
13. Development of new varieties of feed resources including full-price complex feeds, feed additives, and feed protein.
14. New technologies and equipment for the storage, transportation, preservation, processing and complex utilization of food, vegetables, fruits, meat products, and aquatic products.
15. Construction and operation of key water-control projects for comprehensive utilization, development of small-scale hydroelectric power plants.
16. Introduction of new technologies and production of new products for rural energy supply.
17. Production of the agricultural machines, farming tools and relevant accessories, news technologies for agricultural protection and water-saving irrigation.
? Light industry
1. Design, processing, and manufacture of molds of non-metal products.
2. Household electric appliances not listed in the prohibited category (multi-functional Freon-free refrigerators, air conditioners for households and automobiles, water heaters, various small household appliances and accessories).
3. Chemical products for daily use, including enzyme preparation, synthetic detergent, various aid agents, activators, cosmetics, essences, synthetic spices, single ion spices, grease, non-mercury alkali, lithium ion, nickel-hydrogen storage batteries, various surface active agents, medical and edible gelatins.
4. Drinks and beverages (reconstruction of existing beer production lines, dry and foaming wine, industrialized foods and various natural health tonics).
5. Daily-use machinery (special industrial sewing machines, multi-functional automatic watches, technologies for the production of external parts clocks and watches).
6. Light-industry machinery (paper-making, garments, food processing, canning of beers and beverages, package printing, machines and accessories for plastic and leather processing, various cold stamping moulds, weighing apparatus, electric machines and top-grade tool sets).
7. Indoor decorations (kitchen facilities and tools, dishware, furniture, sanitary cleaning tools and accessories, lamps and lanterns and electric lamphouse, locks and decorative hardware, fire-control facilities, body-building facilities, office articles, handicrafts, ceramic tiles, various boards of wood, metal and plastic, section materials and tubes, decorative glasses, the application and development of computer technologies in indoor decoration and design).
8. Post ornament and processing of leather, production of leather products and accessories.
9. Plastic products (plastics used in agriculture, packaging, construction, industry and projects, plastic for daily use, polyamide cling film).
10. Pulps of long-fiber materials, including straw, wood, bamboo and hemp, paper-making and paper products, including industrial packaging papers, top-grade tobacco papers, painting papers, papers for daily use, newspapers, electrostatic printing papers, printing papers, complex products of paper and plastic.
11. Pollution preventing and controlling, and complex utilization of industries such as paper making, leather making and fermenting.
? Textile industry
1. Deep processing of fabrics (non-knot yarn, refined yarn, shuttleless loom, silk knitting, silk-blend heavy fabrics).
2. Special chemical fibers such as that of super thin, non-shrinking, anti-static electricity, anti-burning and reformed differentiated.
3. Dyeing as well as post processing of high-emulation chemical fiber and other materials.
4. Grease agents for textile processing.
5. Design and research of garments and ornaments
6. Special textiles for industrial use (non-weaving cloth and cord fabrics) and materials for frameworks.
1. Construction and management of highways (major highways, independent bridges, tunnels and renovation of highway networks in economic zones).
2. Construction of waterways.
3. Construction of ports (ports along the Yangtze River and accessory facilities, construction or expansion of berths for ships over 1,000 tons, and reforms of small ports on other rivers).
4. Construction and management of bus stations (construction, renovation or expansion of passenger stations in cities and counties, construction of automobile maintenance and testing centers).
5. Construction of facilities of traffic supporting and maintenance system.
6. Construction and management of railways and related bridges and tunnels, as well as ferry facilities (no wholly foreign-owned enterprise allowed).
7. Design and manufacture of machines and facilities for highways and ports.
8. Construction and management of civil airports (the Chinese party shall be the holding party or play a leading role).
9. Technical equipment for railway transportation (the design and manufacture of locomotives and main parts, route facilities, technology and equipment of high-speed railway, related technologies and equipment for communicational signals and safety monitor, manufacture of electric railway equipment and instruments).
? Energy industry
1. Design and manufacture of equipment for coal mining, washing, processing and shipping.
2. Design and manufacture of whole-set equipment for gasification of coal.
3. Manufacture of coal pulps and additive agents.
4. Design and manufacture of safety facilities and instruments for coal mining.
5. Comprehensive development and utilization of low-thermal-value fuels and associated resources.
6. Exploration and development of coal-bed gas.
7. Comprehensive development and utilization of coal resources (geological prospecting and construction of coal mines and coal-selection factories, coal processing and management).
8. Construction and management of power plants (power stations built at coal mines, heating stations, low-thermal coal power plants, ordinary power plants and that with the technology of clean coal-burning).
9. Construction and management of hydropower stations (the Chinese party shall be the holding party or play a leading role in stations with installed capacity of 250,000 kilowatts or more).
10. Construction and management of nuclear power stations (the Chinese party shall be the holding party or play a leading role).
11. Construction and management of new-energy power stations (including solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy and biological energy, etc.)
? Ferrous metallurgical industry
1. Super high-power electric furnace of 50 tons or above (equipped with the facility for external refining and continuous casting) and converter of 30 tons or above.
2. Making of stainless steel.
3. Production of cold-rolled silicon steel plates.
4. Production of hot- and cold-rolled stainless steel plates.
5. Hot-rolled scraps, cold-rolled scraps, medium-sized cold-rolled scraps, hot-rolled steel straps.
6. Petroleum pipelines, high-precision cold-drawn seamless steel tubes, nodular cast pipe and pipe accessories.
7. Processing and treatment of waste steels.
8. Wheels of locomotives and vehicles, wheel bands and rims of automobiles.
9. High-power or super-power electrode, carbon materials for special purpose.
10. Extraction and selection of iron and manganese ores.
11. Production of directly reduced iron and retailed iron.
12. Mining of high-content aluminum vitriol earth and hard clay, and the production of grog products.
13. Deep processing of needle-shaped cokes, hard cokes and coal tars.
14. Production of dry-quenching coke.
15. Continuous rolling of medium- and small-sized steel materials.
16. Prestress steel wires, steel strands, steel cords, cords, wire ropes, and new-type metal products.
? Non-ferrous metal industry
1. Production of mono-crystalline silicon (with a diameter of 8 inches or over), multi-crystalline silicon.
2. Production of hard alloys, tin compound, and antimony compound.
3. Production of non-ferrous composite materials, new-type alloy materials.
4. Mining of copper, lead, tin and zinc (no wholly foreigner-owned enterprise allowed).
5. Prospecting and exploitation of gold mine of high arsenic (no wholly foreign- owned enterprises allowed).
6. Rare-earth application.
7. Casting of non-ferrous metals and deep processed products of aluminum (not including aluminum materials and aluminum door and windows)
8. Deep-processed copper products.
? Petroleum, petrochemical and chemical industries
1. Intensive separating and refining of coal tars and deep-processing of coking products.
2. Manufacture of ion films for caustic soda.
3. Ethylene production (with an annual production capacity of 300, 000 tons or over) and comprehensive utilization of ethylene side-products such as C5-C9.
4. Manufacture of high polymer chloride (polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene chloride and so on).
5. Prospecting and exploitation of halite, Glauber?ˉs salt, bentonite and phosphorite.
6. Synthetic plastics, plastic alloys and engineering plastics products.
7. Processing of rubbers: waterproof and anti-leakage materials, rubber tubes, adhesive tapes.
8. Synthetic rubbers (liquid styrene-butadiene rubber, butyl rubber, isoprene rubber, acetyl propionyl rubber, butadiene flange duprene rubber, lactoprene rubber, acrylic rubber and alcoholate fluoride rubber).
9. Fine chemistry: new products and technologies for dye stuff, intermediate, catalytic agent, auxiliary, and pigment; processing technologies for the commercialization of dye (pigment); electronics and hi-tech chemicals for paper making, food additives, feed additives, leather chemical products, oil-well auxiliaries, surface-active agent, water-treatment agent, adhesives inorganic fiber, inorganic powder stuffing and equipment, etc.
10. Chlorides titanium dioxide.
11. Soft and hard charcoal series products of new technologies.
12. Chemical products using coal as raw material.
13. Supporting raw materials for synthesized materials (biphenyl-A, butadiene-styrene latex, pyridine, 4.4' diphenylmethane, diiso -cyan ester, and vulcabond toluene)
14. Deep processing of sodium cyanide.
15. Comprehensive utilization of basic organic chemical raw materials: the derivative of benzene, methylbenzene, (pars-, ortho-, or meta-) dimethylobenzene.
16. Thermoplastic polyurethane particles.
17. Biological and chemical new technologies using agricultural and byproducts as raw materials (citric acid, L-lactic acid, denaturalization amylum, lysine).
18. Comprehensive utilization of exhaust gas, discharged liquid and waste slag.
19. Inspection and construction of oilfields and gas-fields; construction and management of oil and gas delivery pipes, as well as oil depot and oil wharf (the Chinese party shall be the holding party or play a leading role).
? Machinery and automobile industries
1. Manufacture of chassis of large and medium-sized passenger vehicles and chassis of special cars with a capacity of one to two tons.
2. Manufacture of key automobile components and spare parts: brake assembly, driving assembly, gearbox, steering gear, diesel engine fuel pump, piston (including piston ring), air valve, hydraulic tappet, axle pad, booster, clarifying filter (triple filter), aluminum radiator, diaphragm clutch, constant-velocity universal joint, shock absorber, car air conditioning system, safety air bag, seat angle adjusting device, car lock, rear-view mirror, glass lift, combined dashboard, engines, lamps and bulbs, special high-strength fasteners, special bearings.
3. Manufacture of automobile molds (including punching molds, injection molds, pressed molds), clamping apparatus (including welding fixture and examination fixture).
4. Automobile casting and forging blanks;
5. Automobile and motorcycle technology research centers and automobile design and development.
6. Manufacture of motorcycle spare parts such as meters.
7. Manufacture of battery forklifts, salver forklifts, loading machines, cranes, carry-scrapers, large road-building equipment and new-type construction equipment.
8. Manufacture of hydraulic pressure pump valves, new multi-channel valves, direction valves, pressure valves, and shift gears valves.
9. Manufacture of agricultural machinery equipment (small-diameter multi-cylinder diesel engine, single cylinder diesel engines with a horsepower of 15 to 18, irrigation and drainage machines, mini-type tractors, machines for paddy field farming, seeding machines, harvesting machines, economic-crop machines, fishing machines, machines for processing agricultural and side-line products, afforestation machines, and accessory agricultural machines).
10. Computer controlled micro motors, new micro motors for domestic electronic appliances
11. Rare earth magnet motors and related speed controllers.
12. High efficient, energy-saving, specialized solar absorbing equipment and power facilities
13. Manufacture of whole set electricity transmitting and transforming facilities of 220 KV and below.
14. Welding rods (not including ordinary carbon steel welding rods), welding sticks, agglomeration welding flux, special electrical wires, cable and electromagnetic wires.
15. Manufacture of high- and low-pressure switches, transformers, detonation suppressor electrical appliances, vacuum breakers, and high-pressure electro ceramics.
16. Various products of medium- and small-power laser welding and incising, and the manufacture of welding robots and highly-efficient welding production lines.
17. High-temperature-resistant insulation materials (with F, H insulation class) and mould-cast insulation products.
18. Technologies for the manufacture and equipment of high efficient industrial boilers (circulatory boiler, thermoelectricity boilers).
19. Manufacture of equipment for trackless collection, loading and transport equipment used in underground mines; motorized self-loading-and-unloading mining vehicles, mobile crushers; double-in and double-out coal grinders; whole-section tunneling machines; manufacture of equipment for underground power supply, drainage and communication.
20. Manufacture of belt, bucket, and spiral conveyors.
21. Manufacture of new precision flux meters, electrician meters, thermal meters, optical meters, pressure meters and digital whole set facilities.
22. Safety monitoring and checking equipment (for detection of vibration, noise, poisonous matters, dust concentration and prediction of gas outburst and shock bump).
23. Components and spare parts of new-type instruments and materials (mainly referring to intelligent instrument sensors, instrument socket connectors, flexible circuit boards, photoelectron switches, proximity switches and other new-type switches and instrument functional materials).
24. Manufacture of mini machine tools and multi-functional household tools
25. Manufacture of highly-efficient numerical controlled precision machine tools and spare parts.
26. Vertical and horizontal processing centers.
27. Precise and emendation hydraulic press.
28. Manufacture of large and medium-sized hydraulic press, die-casting machines.
29. Fine punching molds, precise hollow molds and standardized molds.
30 Manufacture of high-speed, precise and low-noises bearings for special purposes.
31. NSP photovoltaic water pumps.
32. Manufacture of strengthening facilities and basic parts of various machines.
33. Air and natural gas compressors, medium- and small-sized refrigerators.
34. Wind motors, water pumps and valves.
35. Manufacture of shipping accessory products.
36. Manufacture of complete sets of new-type electronic spinning machines.
37. Manufacture of packaging printing machines, including multi-color offset printing machines, iron ware staplers, automatic mould cutting machines, impressing machines.
38. Manufacture of urban sewage treatment equipment that can handle 250,000 tons of sewage per day; industrial liquid waste membrane treatment equipment; up-flowing anaerobic fluidized bed equipment and other organic liquid waste treatment equipment; waste rubber and plastics recycling equipment; industrial boiler desulphurization and identifications equipment, large heat- and acid-resistant bag-type collectors;
? Electronics and communications industries
1. Manufacture of 900 MHZ digital cell phone communication connection, using DTM and CDMA systems.
2. Manufacture of five-time (group) or faster synchronized fiber optics, microwave communication systems and testing instruments.
3. Production of AMT switch boards.
4. Communication radar, radio frequency coaxial linker.
5. Manufacture of 150 MHZ wireless beep-page facilities.
6. Videophone, key components of fax machines (heat-sensitive printer, image sensors, etc.)
7. Manufacture of SDH optical communications systems, cross-connection equipment and network management systems.
8. Manufacture of optical fibers and cables and complete equipment.
9. Wireless 450 MHZ telephone facilities.
10. Manufacture of large and medium-sized computers.
11. Development of semi-conductor, photo-electronic materials.
12. Manufacture of satellite communication equipment.
13. Manufacture of digital cross connection equipment.
14. Manufacture of equipment linking to communication networks.
15. Manufacture of new-technology equipment supporting communication networks.
16. Manufacture of ISDN equipment.
17. Manufacture of top-end 32-bit and higher micro-computers, facilities of data communication and multimedia system.
18. Development of software such as CAD, CAT, CAM, CAE and other computer application systems.
19. Development and manufacture of high-capacity laser disks, disks and parts.
20. Development and manufacture of new-type printing devices, including laser-printers.
21. Manufacture of compatible digital TV, HDTV, digital video tape recorder and player.
22. Production of large-scale integrated circuit and that specialized for automobiles.
23. New-type electronic components and spare parts (sectional components and PTC).
24. Manufacture of new-type monitors (colored liquid crystal monitors and plate displaying screens).
25 Manufacture of photoelectric components, sensitive components and sensors.
26. Manufacture of special vacuum tubes, high-luminance cathode-ray tubes (CRT).
27. Manufacture of new- and special-type solid relay instrument. and mixed chip components.
28. High quality magnetic materials (top-grade magnetic powder, magnetic pieces).
29. Special electronic copper materials, copper foil, copper cincture.
30. Electrician film.
31. Manufacture of special electronic equipment, instruments, and industrial moulds.
32. Low-temperature electron technology and equipment.
33. Manufacture of hydrological data collection instrument and equipment.
34. Manufacture of air traffic control equipment.
35. Manufacture of electron equipment for different areas such as automobile industry, medical treatment (magnetic disc credit card recognition instrument, IC card), commerce, environmental protection and related components.
? Building material equipment and other non-metal mineral product industry
1. Floating glass production line with a daily melting capacity of 500 tons or over.
2. Special glasses and deep processing of glass (safety glass for automobiles and skyscrapers, decoration glass, high quality interlayer glass, coating film glass, steel glass, glass of special shapes, embossment glass).
3. Production lines of high-grade sanitation porcelain and medium- and high-grade glazed color bricks and related metal and plastic supporting items with an annual output of 500,000 pieces or more.
4. Cement additives, instance frozen and waterproof agents using bauxite as main raw materials.
5. Concrete and cement products (high-strength concrete, arc bracket, sleeper, large caliber prestressed pipes.
6. Bulk cement storage and shipping facilities.
7. Chemical construction materials (tube materials, plastic and steel doors and windows, high quality wall dope, waterproof and airproof materials, SBS, APP, SBR waterproof and anti-leakage rubber materials, processing materials of asphalt, high-quality chemical construction materials products, decorative and fitment materials.
8. New-type wall materials (paper surface plasterboards, heat insulation and preservation wall boards, luxurious hollow partition boards, fly ash cement, ceramsite).
9. New decorative materials, high quality cement flake boards, bamboo-plastic moulding board machines, vanadium and titanium black ceramic tiles, and metal coating film bricks.
10. Glass fiber production lines with annual output of 10,000 tons and over (draw bench technology) and glass-fiber reinforced plastic products (glass fiber felt, glass fabric, tubing of glass-giver reinforced plastic, tubing products, pots).
11. Inorganic non-metal materials and products (quartz glass, man-made crystal).
12. Non-metal mining and deep processing (granite, marble, dolomite, serpentine, jade like stone, quartz and so on).
13. Machines for making cement, clay air bricks, ceramics, and glass deep-processing.
14. Manufacture of special equipment for city sanitation.
15. Manufacture of excavators for tunnels and subways.
16. Manufacture of tree transplanting machines.
17. Manufacture of road smoothing and renovation.
? Pharmacy industry
1. Various Western and Chinese new medicines allowed by the state, combined preparations of Chinese and Western medicines.
2. New varieties of natural medicines, traditional medicines and health tonics.
3. Medicines for special purposes (diagnosis preparation, prevention preparation, anti-tumor medicines, and contraception medicines).
4. Deep-processing of traditional Chinese herbal medicines using herbs rich in the province.
5. New technologies for analysis and extraction of traditional Chinese medicines. New techniques and equipment that help improve the quality of traditional Chinese medicine and packing.
6. Synthesized and half-synthesized raw-material medicines and pharmacy materials (antifebrile, pain killer, cardiovascular, digestive system, half-synthesized antiseptic).
7. Chemical medicines in patent period or under state protection, and medical intermediate that can replace imported products.
8. New effective Anti-inflammatory and antipyretic medicines which have not yet been produced at home.
9. Vitamins: Vitamin D3, dextrogyric calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid.
10. New anticancer drugs and cardio-vascular and cerebrovas-cular medicines.
11. Pharmaceutics: new preparations such as those for the purpose of buffering, controlling, target-orientation and those absorbed through skins.
12. Amino acid: serine, tryptophan, histidine, etc.
13. New-type wrapping material and containers for medicines, dressing, basic materials for medical use, throwaways and advanced pharmaceutical equipment.
14. New, effective and economical contraceptive medicines and devices that are not yet produced in China.
15. New medicines which are produced with biological engineering technologies.
16. Medicines of biological and chemical extraction and hydrolyze technologies (medical gelatin, amino acid).
17. New-generation medical instruments that are not yet produced in China (X-ray machine set of 800 ma, digital imagery processing technique, electronic endoscopes and tubes, biochemical analyzer, observing machine for medical use, multi-function anesthesia machine and electronic or optical diagnosing instruments).
18. Automatically-controlled facilities for selection, drying and packing that are in accordance with regulations on medicine production and management; facilities for freeze-dry of biological preparation, control-and-discharge preparation; and electromechanical whole set facilities applying on intensive or large-scale manufacture.
19. Projects engaged in research and development medical products and technologies.
20. Raw material medicines and their preparations with all or most the products for export. (Not including those which have already been exported in large quantity).
? New and hi-tech industries
1. Microelectronic technologies.
2. Life science and biological engineering techniques.
3. Electronic information technologies and application of communications network techniques.
4. Isotopic irradiation and laser technologies.
5. Technologies for the complex utilization and development of the Yangtze River.
6. Technologies for developing new sources of energy, or saving and lowering consumption of energy.
7. Technologies for recycling and comprehensive utilization of resources.
8. Projects of ecological science, treatment of pollution, ecological economy construction and monitoring, and related facilities.
9. Deep processing technologies and facilities of non-ferrous minerals.
10. New material science and technologies (new material of metal series such as magnetic recording materials, and inorganic non-metal series materials, including high precision porcelain and alumina porcelain).
11. Production, development and application technologies of superfine powder materials and manufacture of related facilities.
12. Laser materials and accessories, and application laser of technologies.
? Service industry
1. Information consultation about international economy, science & technology.
2. Maintenance of precision instruments and equipment, and after-sales service.
3. Construction of market infrastructure (storage facilities, transportation facilities, large-scale wholesale trading market, logistics centers, trading and distribution centers, operating facilities of technological development).
4. Construction of market information facilities (setting up of Anhui
information monitoring network for commodity market, electronic trading network system of the wholesale market, setting up of computerized management system, decision-making supporting system, electronic data exchanging system).
5. Construction of commodity production base and refined- or deep-processing of commodities.
6. Intermediate service organizations (life service, information, promotion of agricultural technologies, consultation of science and technologies, entertainment).
7. Construction of new and high technology center and relevant incubation of enterprises.
8. Construction and management of municipal infrastructure and public facilities such as gas supply, water supply, centralized heating supply (except pipe net), subways and light railways (with the Chinese partner being the holding party or playing a leading role), sewage treatment, garbage treatment, municipal construction projects, environment and sanitation projects.
9. Housing projects for low-come urban residents, development and construction of economic houses.
1. Development of tourism projects in Hefei, Mount Huangshan, the Yangtze River region and other key tourist areas in accordance with the Anhui
provincial government?ˉs strategy.
2. Projects in accordance with the provincial general plan on tourism and accessory equipment.
3. Development, construction and management of provincial-level tourist areas.
4. Renovation and management of tourist hotels.
5. Development, production and trading of tourist commodities
6. Development of tourism resources, scenic areas and scenic spots.
7. Construction of tourism-related infrastructure.
? Products for export listed in the permitted index
In order to promote economic development of China?ˉs middle and west regions, Chinese government has eased restrictions on the utilization of foreign capital in these regions and expanded the fields allowing foreign investment.
1. Foreign invested projects in accordance with the strategy of tapping the advantages of mid-west regions in resource and industries, if not listed in the catalogue of encouraged projects, can be reported to the state and enjoy preferential treatments for encouraged foreign investment projects.
2. For restricted foreign-funded projects and projects with restricted holding ratio of foreign capital, the restrictions on their establishment conditions and market open degree shall be eased more than those in eastern regions.
3. Foreign-funded pilot areas and projects, including finance, retails, foreign trade, tourism service, insurance, construction projects and legal service, encouraged in eastern regions shall be allowed in the middle and west regions too.
Preferential policies for foreign-invested enterprises in Anhui
1. Foreign-invested enterprises in manufacturing projects are exempt from income tax for the first two years beginning from the first profit-making year and enjoying 50 percent reduction of income tax for the following three years.
2. For foreign-invested enterprises listed in the state-encouraged index, their import of facilities and technologies, introduction of advanced and appropriate technologies are exempt from tariff and import value-added tax.
3. Foreign-invested enterprises are exempt from regulatory tax on fixed assets.
4. Foreign-invested enterprises in agriculture, forestry, energy and communication are exempt from real estate tax and vehicle license tax in the first three years beginning from the day of establishment.
5. Foreign-invested enterprises in manufacturing projects in Hefei and Wuhu cities are levied an income tax at the rate of 24 percent. Those confirmed hi-tech or export-orientated foreign-invested enterprises are exempt from land-use fee for the first five years.
6. Foreign-invested enterprises in Hefei High and New Technology Development Zone enjoy a preferential income tax rate of 15 percent after they are confirmed to be the above-mentioned enterprises.
7. Foreign-invested enterprises in Wuhu Economic and Technological Development Zone enjoy a preferential income tax rate of 15 percent.
8. Charge of land-use fee (per square meter annually): land used for service industries including commerce, tourism, finance and entertainment: 3-45 yuan; land used for industy, storage, communication, construction, real estate: 1-10 yuan; land used for education, scientific research, health and sanitation and non-commercial housing projects: 0.5-10 yuan; land used for agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry, fishery: one to three percent of their annual operating income; foreign-invested enterprises within the construction period as contracted are charged 20 percent of the approved land-use fee. Enterprises invested by overseas Chinese and compatriots from Taiwan
enjoy 20-30 percent reduction of land-use fee by providing the certificates issued by the local Taiwan
Affairs Office or the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office and with the approval of the local financial departments. Export-orientated enterprises and those of advanced technologies can enjoy 10-30 percent reduction of land-use fee within a certain period upon approval of relevant departments.
provincial government and local governments at various levels will strictly implement preferential policies on taxation stipulated by the state. In order to encourage direct foreign investment, Anhui
will give various preferential policies to foreign-invested projects of large scale, hi-tech or influential industries within the limits of local governments?ˉ authority, such as return of income tax, reduction or postpone of payment of land-use fee, and cost reduction of investment and production.